Brown Bag Connect: Workshop (4th October 2021)

MSC Enactus organized Big Brown Bag connect on 4th Oct 2021 at 4pm.The idea of the workshop was to make students aware of sustainable business environment, and to instill a sense of entrepreneurship in them. The participants who were 120 in number were sent to different breakout rooms which were leaded by different Enactus members. They engaged with entrepreneurship ideas and green strategies in a meaningful way.

“We Reap What We Throw” – An Interactive Session on Solid Waste Management

Team Enactus, Mata Sundri College for Women conducted an Interactive Webinar on Solid Waste Management on 8th November 2020 at 11:30am via Google Meet. The domain experts for the event were Mr. Omendra Srivastava, Technical Head of Swachh Bharat Mission and Mr. Ajay Arora Founder of Waste Management Corporation. Honourable Principal Dr. Harpreet Kaur graced the event with her presence and offered encouragement to the participants. A total of 125 participants attended the webinar.

Mr. Omendra Srivastava focused on changing the misconceptions around waste by emphasizing that waste is a resource which can generate energy and employment if correctly managed. He talked about the huge career potential for youth in the field of solid waste management in India, providing data through a stimulating presentation that revealed that India is currently managing only 30% of solid waste in a compliant manner whereas the rest 70% is disposed of in landfills and is gradually being managed with improved technology and resources.